A few days ago, I released a web app that I’ve called .gdoc Structure Viewer. The simple app lets you inspect the internals of any Google Docs file. It’s meant to be a tool for developers.
How does it work
The web app is pretty simple it is a tree-viewer of the elements within the Google Docs file. My current project had me converting gdoc to json format, and at some point I got tired of copy-pasting the json data into a tree-viewer. Anyways, I extended the script a bit and wrapped a web-app around it – and out came the .gdoc Structure Viewer. Hope that someone other than me find it useful when working with Docs in Google Apps Script.
- Info page: .gdoc Structure Viewer
- Core script: A script that I’ve written and called gdoc2json.
- Host: Google Apps Script Web App
- JSON-tree viewer: json-tree by Leonardo Menezes
- Usage limits: According to Google Apps Script limits